The guy comes looking for a recommendation on a new player and it turns into this. Oh well.

BrenR, there is no reason to defend Alan. (I spelled it right!) I was not attacking him in anyway shape or form. I'm just tired of seeing "Alan said" and people running with it like it's the gospel. He has stated several things that are based simply on his own opinions and nothing else. That is all I was trying to get across. Not that it matters but I have been reading S&V for just as long as you and I'm fully aware of who Alan is and what his past accomplishments are. The fact he chooses to promote the Axiom brand and Ian in general has no bearing on what I said.

As for the Burr Brown argument, call Guinness. I can hear the difference. Although I don't recall ever saying they are light years ahead of anything else?? I simply stated I prefer them. Apparently that is a no no in this place. State an opinion without a long winded scientific explanation as to why, shame on me!!! Who the hell do I think I am? Then when were done calling Guinness we need to call Denon, Parasound, Pioneer and a boat load of other manufactures and tell them the good folks in the Axiom forums have news they need to hear! They need to stop wasting there money on marketing the Burr Brown name in there equipment as it's a waste of money! Then we need to remind them to fire there engineers that spec Burr Brown because apparently they don't know squat either!