In reply to:

we need to call Denon, Parasound, Pioneer and a boat load of other manufactures and tell them the good folks in the Axiom forums have news they need to hear!

Please... you dial and hand me the receiver... I'd relish an opportunity to point out the Emperor's winky is hanging out. As for the good folks in the Axiom forums - some of us work in the consumer audio industry, and some of us work in the pro audio industry where we're more likely to be using AMS Neve, Mackie, and Behringer products. That's one reason I skulk around here - lots of talent here.

In reply to:

They need to stop wasting there money on marketing the Burr Brown name in there equipment as it's a waste of money! Then we need to remind them to fire there engineers that spec Burr Brown because apparently they don't know squat either!

You hit the nail on the head with the marketing comment. "Player comes with highly refined Burr Brown DACs - the greatest of all integrated circuits... the chip that died on the cross for other chips' sins" sounds a lot better than "lets face it... we sound like everyone else - we're sorry, there are limitations to what technology can offer you, please choose us because we're a fine bunch of guys"

Bren R.