In reply to:

Take a Musical Fidelity solid state cdp and listen to it vs. the $150 Denon from Walmart. Get 50 other ppl to do the same, but in a general blind test, even if at home. Do these same Stereophile electronic tests that so many ppl like to refer to and then come back and we'll check out some results

How am I going to get 50 ppl to do that. Also I have not seen proof anywhere that this has been done as you described. I see people saying test have been done in NRC in Ottawa but I HAVE NOT SEEN PROOF that it has occured. I just get heresay that this EE or this scientist said ... blah blah...

In reply to:

Don't get stuck on the words out of context thing that Alan brought up the other day. People are not saying ALL cdp sound the same. Obviously if some have tubed outputs then by their very design they SHOULDN'T sound the same.
Keep within the context of the discussion.

Well people HAVE BEEN saying all should sound the same.
No one should by an expensive player over a cheap player. Everyone should go out and buy a walmart brand since no one can tell a diffrence between that and a Krell SACD playing Cd's.

In reply to:

BrenR:
If your gear sounds different than these cheap CD-Ps, your gear must be sending a different bitstream than the cheap CD-P (which under (1) above, we proved was a perfect or near perfect signal).
Therefore, if your signal differs from the perfect signal, your equipment must be coloured.

In reply to:

Johnk:
it's nearly impossible to intelligently discuss an audio topic with those who ignore well-established principles of audio engineering science and instead mindlessly repeat the mantra "Just trust your ears".

In reply to:

Demasoni:
I'm sure many people will disagree with me, but IMO for music listening you probably won't hear much difference

Based on my statements it seems I have been proven guilty as charge and I have to prove my innocence and justify my point.

Bigwill: Sorry Stereophile has links to those graphs pointed out by Fluke. But they only measure the exotic priced stuff. I looked around for a generic player review but did not find any.