Murphy,
your post is rather inflammatory by essentially blaming the people on these forums for the obvious fault of the H/K receiver.
I don't believe the 4ohm M80s need massive amounts of power to get them to work properly. People have driven the m80s with receivers that had far less power specs and some were not even rated for 4ohm speakers (look around some other forums for this info or pose your question about it to Alan or Ian). If the H/K IS rated for 4ohms, then the fault lies with H/K, not Axiom.
It is quite apparent that the annoying protection circuitry of the H/K AVR520 is more sensitive than people realize. But how do you expect the forum posters to know that unless they actually owned this receiver? If they are giving someone advice about whether a receiver should be able to handle a certain set of speakers, the most information they have to provide advice comes from the spec sheets on the product.
There is no reason (after looking at the H/K tech specs) that the AVR520 should have any issues whatsoever.

Take up your beef with the person who sold you the H/K or Harmon Kardon the company. Don't get angry at the forum posters who understand the specs required and the specs given. It was all i had to use in deciding and committing to my first receiver purchase and i don't have any complaints. Mind you , i also bought a receiver that DOESN'T have protection circuitry. My last Technics system did and i realized i NEVER wanted to see that cr@p again!

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."