JT- I dunno, call me callused, but yeah, I get emailed this stuff, and watch it... and it doesn't bother me as much as I'm told it should. After seeing photos from Abu Ghraib, seeing mass graves on every continent in the world, watching Palestinian children ending their lives as sappers against US-bought Israeli tanks - you name it, I expect very little out of the human race in war and pseudo-war conditions.

Conversely, I've been in funeral processions for a 16 year old construction worker killed due to employer negligence and a 26 year old Prime Minister's Honour Guard Piper killed by an impared driver and somehow that seems a lot more wrong to me.

I think the whole feeling is summed up best in an Anti-Flag lyric : "I feel less hopeful and less human as I'm reduced to nothing more than cheering on embassy bombings as the liars pave their way through four more years of war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom"

I'm not trying to be political, I just have trouble understanding why one person's death stirs up so much outrage and another death is either overlooked or cheered. I am a global citizen.

Bren R.