I have to second the 6200 recommendation. I have the Infocus X1, which was "THE THING" a year or so ago. However, for about the same price that I paid for my X1, you can now get the 6200, which is XGA w/ a 3X color wheel. I quite often think about whether toss the X1 on Ebay and pick up a 6200. If you are looking for 4:3 w/ XGA resolution, you cannot beat that price. If you want only widescreen, there are some other players out there to consider, such as Sanyo, Sony, & Panasonic. With all of the new models coming out, you can save a bit (if $'s an issue) and go w/ the older models (Z2, HS20, & L500). If you can spend more, there is a major buzz about the Z3's and AE700's. Definitely check out Projector Central. It's a great resource for making projector decisions and seeing what's out there.

In all cases, be sure not to plop down too much for a projector. Many will argue that you have to go the $5K and up route to get the best picture, but you'd be hard-pressed to show that the picture is THAT much better than these new PJs. My projector can be had for under $1K and EVERYONE is amazed at the picture quality, even w/ HD.

Good Luck