Hi

I use a stereo subwoofer set up in my main HT system - the Outlaw ICBM-1 bass management module permits stereo sub outputs. So, I've been using a supposedly 1640 watt Klipsch LF-10 and Velodyne CHT10 to help fill in the lower octaves for a pair of M60 like front speakers, a pair of M50 like side surrounds, some Mission 77ds back surrounds and a giant Klipsch KLF-C7 center speaker.

So, my friend made me order an SVS 20-39 subwoofer. It came today. A couple of really big guys brought it upstairs for me. We swapped it for the Klipsch, calibrated it and watched the ring (cut the finger off) scene from the DTS 6.1 version of The Ring Thing.

First of all, I'd like to warn anyone who is considering an SVS 20-39 - it looks like a small nuclear reactor. Others may think it looks like a black water heater, but I'm pretty sure it looks more like a naval nuclear reactor.

The sound ... HOLY ZAMOLIES!!!!!! Pure, clean, fast, violent, low, low, low bass. No chuffing, no rumbling, just your basic sonic shock waves which will compress your internal organs, make you have to go to the bathroom, howl like a chimp, flap your cheeks, bass.

Never heard the likes before. I'm impresssed. It is very, very big, however.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.