In reply to:

Those guys at canadianhifi must be on vacation

i hate that you haven't heard back from them. my experience with them was excellent. in fact, the M1ti's i ordered got here yesterday, so i was going to post a quick review.

the M1ti's were delivered yesterday morning. once i got home, i busted open the boxes and hooked them up. the build quality was as i expected, solid.. no real surprises, since i already am familiar with axiom products. they only have the single set of binding posts in the back, unlike my 60's, which have 2. they were also a little lighter than i had expected. i simply placed them on top of the 60's, and started playing music. right off the bat, i was impressed with the amount of sound coming from such small speakers. the highs were very crisp, the mids were medium to strong, but the bass was lacking. thats OK, i expected that , they are bookshelves. i adjusted the crossover from 80Hz to 100Hz, so the sub could help out more, and it made a nice difference. it did make the bass seem more 'located', but it was a quick test, i am sure i could have worked that out with placement. as far as the M1ti's, there sound is very impressive. i keep trying to compare them to my 60's, which isnt fair, but they could really hold up on their own. in fact, my wife came in the door as i was playing some AC/DC at pretty good levels, so i turned it down a bit. after about 5 minutes, i asked her what she thought, and she asked, "about what?" i said "the new speakers". she just kinda laughed and said, "i didnt even realize you wernt playing the big ones". with just the M1's playing, she said she thought it sounded as good as the 60's. now, i wont go that far, but that lets you know just how clean and loud these little babies can go. i gotta admit, i was extremely impressed overall, and have no reservations about recommending them to anyone with a small to mid-size room to fill.

just wanted to give a short list of CD's/DVD's i sampled.

fleetwood mac- rumors
AC/DC- back in black
norah jones- come away with me
system of a down- toxicity
staind-dysfunctional
police- greatest hits
allison krause and union station- live
eminem- M&M show
pink floyd- darkside SACD
scenes from band of brothers, DTS
scenes from jurassic park, DTS
scenes from pulp fiction, DTS
scenes from fight club, DD

i plan on listening to a few other CD's and movies today. i am really gonna put the power to them, and see just how much they can take. i didnt come close to making them struggle last night, but i never really pushed them super hard. these bookshelves are very impressive, and i am just blown away. it pleases me to know that my sister will have one good HT very soon!!

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??