NOOOOOOO!!! Let that thread rest in peace.

I have no issues with funny sounding "s"s or anything else. The VP150 sounds wonderfully clean and clear. I measured it with an RTA while calibrating my sub, and it produced a flat response just like it should. If I ever get around to dragging out the mic and laptop again, I'll post the graph. I cannot measure or hear any off axis problems at 15, 30, or 45 degrees with either the SPL meter or the RTA software.

My big 65" Mitsibishi RPTV added some coloration to the sound of the 150. I didn't want the heavy 150 sitting on the top of the TV as some folks had reported that center channels were causing the top of the TV to "bow" over time (it's made of particle board). I built a "bridge" out of a 1x6 board supported by the outside edges of the TV, and the coloration went away. I didn't have the RTA setup at the time, so I have no idea what it was really adding or subtracting.

I don't know how many VP150s Axiom has sold, but Ken is correct - only a handful of people had any concerns. Most likely an odd room or positioning reaction.

But hey - maybe the rest of us are just full of hooey.

What part of the world are you in? One of us will be glad to let you decide for yourself, particularly if you bring wine or beer!

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.