In reply to:

First of all, the MX-700 commands in the file I provided aren't new or old, they are the codes that Denon uses for all of their receivers. I'm not having issues with them on my 3803, so you shouldn't either.

My apologies. I was under the impression that the codes for the 3803 might be different from my 3805 in that there are several buttons on the remote that do not seem to work with my receiver. You're absolutely correct that I haven't spent the necessary time researching these things; maybe some of those buttons only work in a particular mode or something. My fault! <--- let me copy that phrase right now to have available for pasting!

In reply to:

since it only happens when you fool around with the 700 file

I'm not convinced that it's something with the 700 any more than a front-panel button. It was just something I saw as a remote (HA!) possibility in that I assumed the 700 codes to be for an older model receiver and I couldn't come up with any concrete solution to what was happening. My Fault!

In reply to:

you will need to get into the manual to resolve this. Start with looking for the information on the Auto Mode setting{{SNIPPED}} Also, take a look at the section of the manual titled "Troubleshooting".

Unfortunately, I have found nothing helpful or telling regarding the mode setting, and the "Troubleshooting" section is very rudimentary: "Is the AC cord plugged in?" -type stuff.

In reply to:

you may be making some assumptions about the commands/labels in the 700 file I sent and shooting yourself in the foot.

Very possible as I stated above, but as I mentioned, I'm by no means convinced it's the remote at all, and I HAVE used the Denon remote as well.

I tried a reset on the Denon receiver a few minutes ago, which I was trying to avoid so as to not lose all my settings. Unfortunately, I'm still not getting DD. I think I might check into resetting my cable box/DVR in case it's the source that's the problem.
In reply to:

You should really set aside the time to master these guys - they are at the core of your entire HT setup.

Exactly why I feel it's so frustrating. I've spent so much time setting this system up, and I'm very frustrated that I still seem to be patching "issues" and not, as of yet, really enjoying the setup!
Normally, will all the equipment and the issues they sometimes bring in video production, I'm very good at tracking down problems by eliminating variables in the "signal chain". In this case, I seem to do nothing but hit walls.

Thank you verymuch for taking the time, Ray. I really do appreciate your input!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::