Boy, am I glad it was that simle (but elusive). Glad you got it squared away.

I must thank you for this issue. It triggered something for me that I hadn't realized. Based on all of this yesterday, I spent some time thinking about it last night. I then did some experimenting on the 3803 this morning. Turns out that the receiver/remote setup I have been using is definitely lacking.

I just finished redoing the remote. I went into all of my devices and erased the existing commands I had for the various sound modes (DTS, 5 CH/7 CH, Stereo, etc.). They weren't functioning. I had the receiver set to "AUTO" and pushing the individual sound mode buttons didn't do anything. Although I had a "MODE" command on the MX-700, I had learned the incorrect version from the Denon remote. There are 2 buttons named mode - go figure, and I apparently chose the wrong one when I set up the remote! The one I chose didn't do anything.

I just finished "re-learning" the individual sound mode commands and the MODE command to the various devices MX-700. I used the applicable sound modes, I didn't place all of them on each device. For example, there is no reason to put DTS on the TV device.

The MODE button command, I can now get out of Auto. This is important because if the receiver is in the Auto mode, no individual sound mode codes will be accepted in the event you want to change the audio.

Anyhow, it works much better now. Thanks Mark - looks like we both had a good learning experience here!