In reply to:

Cu is Cu is Cu, but I am open to the fact certain twists, thickness, directions, fancy-things-like-silver-wrapped-copper that makes you go WTF?!, well maybe (just MAYBE) sometimes it MAY make the sound better.

THIS is where I find all of this silly. I'm an electical engineer by education and current position is in VERY high frequency networking and telecomm semiconductors. WE have to worry about noise in wires and engineer our test boards with very expensive SMA connectors (still cheap compared to the idiocy I see in the audiophile world at about $8 a pair) and expensive, precisely measured cables to connect our very delicately crafted evaluation board to said connectors and our $250k Tektronix Oscilloscope. Our devices are also operating in the 5-50GHz range.

ONLY there does the skew and jitter of a cable and connector matter. ONLY there will you have differences that are measurably large enough to cause an eye diagram to lose value. From an EE standpoint, at frequencies in the range of audible sound, the amount of jitter and skew present in a cable does not change enough by cable to actually add any value to one cable over another.

Regards,
Semi