I am trying to figure out how to fit all the components along a particular wall where the TV (Toshiba 50HDX82) will be located. I know ideal separation between L/R is 6-12 feet. Not sure I can do that.

I am under the impression that the L/R should be either inline with Center or slightly in front. My TV is 50" high, 46" wide. I have 113" inches wall to wall, but I cannot cover the light and fan control plate so need around 14" on the right side; i can put a sub or speaker below part of that switch as it is 43" from the floor.

I could:

1) I could wall mount everything; that puts all of them 24" behind the screen. If I do that, should L/R be inline with Center? Of put them to each side? Isn't it important not to have the TV "box" or components stand blocking free movement of sound?

2) Put the Center on top of the TV, and use speaker stands on each side. Separation L/R would be only 4 feet or so.

3) I could put subwoofer next to TV on one side (15"W), speaker on stand to left of the sub, stand to right of TV, R. speaker to right of stand. Gives most separation that still fits the space. But it isn't even spacing; R. would be further away from screen center than L.

4) Are there any wall mounts that bring the speaker out 16" from the wall? I could then mount one speaker over the subwoofer at same height and distance from screen center as the other. Any ideas there?

Input is greatly appreciated!

Rick