rwilkes,
I also have the Toshiba rptv that you have.
I own the M60s, EP350, QS8s and the VP150.
Here is a shot of my home setup to give you an idea of how crunched i was for space:

It is about 9 feet from couch to tv, 5 feet from M60 to M60 with the VP150 placed an equal distance between the two on top of the tv.
I much preferred having the M60s placed further apart but due to cable limiations for my audio equipment, i could not push the audio 'stand' out of the corner any further.

If you have your centre channel a bit ahead of your main speakers, you can make adjustments in most receivers to compensate for sound delay and volume. Using a test dvd like the Sound and Vision or Avia with a sound meter, you can pretty much clear up any issues.
However, it would be easier to go with your option 2 or 3. Use speaker stands to the left and right, try to keep some equidistance between your speakers and tv, but don't worry so much about the actual distance between the M22s. You can always play around with a bit of toeing in to get the soundstage right. If you have a greater viewing distance from the tv it will also help.
Take a look at my other post today on speaker setup at the Sound and Vision online magazine. They give a little triangular equation in there to help you position speakers relatively properly as a starting point.

Last edited by chesseroo; 01/24/03 03:45 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."