Oh man, I don't know what to say. Good luck !!

If it helps, think about my friend Nick -- about 20 years ago he was into high end audio and his wife was into cats. They lived in a 125 year old house north of Toronto in a sleepy little village.

This was before CDs etc.., so the best audio source you could get was reel-to-reel tapes only a generation or two off the original masters, sold only in a shop in NYC. I forget the brand, but he had a real nice reel to reel deck on a shelf about 4 feet off the ground in the living room.

One day there was a cat fight... on the shelf... behind the tape deck. Nick heard the crash and came running out -- by the time he got there 6 or 7 cats were collected around the broken deck and one cat was still sitting up on the shelf.

Fade to black...

It wasn't that bad, actually. He grabbed the cat by the scruff of the neck, walked out the front door and down the street to the general store (small town). Walked in the front door, held the cat up and yelled "who wants a cat ?".

30 seconds later the cat had a new home with a nice old lady. Everybody happy... except the tape deck.

Mercifully CDs came out about that time so the incident eventually was forgotten and the cats were eventually allowed back into the house.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8