I've probably told this story before.

My ex had two cats... an old burmese/siamese cross and a younger calico. I'm not much of a cat guy, or even a house dog guy anymore.

The siamese was pretty much a vomit machine, a quick "HAAAARRRRCHHHHTTTTT" noise and she'd back up producing what I can only describe as something like what used to come out of those Play-Doh(tm) pumpers... always in a traffic area (hallway, etc)... after about the 3rd day in a week of stepping in it just as I was running late for my bus into work (in sock feet), she was introduced to the toilet bowl.

The calico cat, however... about 3am one early morning, I hear the sound of plastic dishes hitting the floor in the kitchen, I get up, no glasses on and see the cat intentionally knocking dishes out of the dishrack. Without corrective lenses and with all the finesse of a pregnant wombat, I take a kick at her and miss... then I notice a foul smell. My ex had left a candle burning on top of her desktop AT computer case and it was melting the monitor... given maybe another 15 minutes, the apartment would have been on fire... I tracked the cat down, petted her and went off to go kick the ex. Weird thing is, she was selective and ONLY knocked out the plastic dishes, leaving anything breakable untouched.

Bren R.