In reply to:

Viscious little ****. The thing's 7 years old, so I'm still on the fence about declawing. Strikes me as cruel at that age and older, especially when I believe we can keep her out of that room from now on. Still. An expensive freaking lesson!

This was our issue.
Since my friend is a vet, it made the monetary decision to declaw the cat rather easy. However, she is 13 years old. She has worked on carpet before but has picked up steam lately. We are trying to keep the house in shape as we expect to sell it within the next year. We just put in new carpet which she started working over. The intermittent repairs were getting to be expensive.
Then the peeing issue.
Ultimately we decided that to "reduce" the amount of damage the cat can do, we would exercise control over the one thing would could control...her claws.
The peeing thing is still up in the air. We'll know more once the cat gets back from the vet.
In the meantime, i have one last wall to take down in the bath. So far so good. Dremels are great tools.
I think i know what happened with the rotted drywall. The vapour barrier to the outer wall was broken where it attached to the tub edge. I'm fixing that.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."