Just for grins, I just pulled out my RS meter and cranked the 80’s up. At 20 feet away from them, they hit 115 db and still had more to go, and that was playing satellite music which comes through my system at a substantially lower sound level than my CD player does. There was absolutely no sign of clipping or derogation of sound quality. In fact, they seam to sound better the louder they play. I’m sure this is some kind of information transfer from the ear to the brain thing, but my brain sure likes them loud.
I typically have them cranked up around 100 db or more for several hours when I’m working in basement (finishing the basement for a HT and other rooms). In other words, don’t let them little drivers fool you into thinking they don’t play loud. They do, and they sound great. I used to have some old Pioneer speakers with 12” woofers (don’t recall the model, something like Zero 6 ???). These 80’s play louder and clearer without any comparison.
I’m only running around 100 watts at 8 ohm (no idea what the 4 ohm wattage is on the 7200). I can’t imagine how wonderful they sound on Denis’s Halo’s.