Yes, I would agree with the comparison between the 350 and the 16-46 as 2 different styles of sound. The 350 is probably a lot more accurate and tight verses the less accurate but boomy tall version of the SVS.

That is one of the reasons I was comparing to the mid size tower of the 20-39 Plus. It may be the middle ground between the 500 and the 16-46 PC Plus(using the 350 review comparison between the others)It would be a bit tighter but still with some of the lighter side of the boom.

About room size, SVS also mentioned moving up to the PB12-2(2 x 12" plus drivers). That would be comparable to the EP600 in price, not sure about the sound. I replied to this suggestion that we were nearing $2000 cdn. That is more then I am willing to spend. The tech spec from SVS suggested checking out PSB and Paradigm up in Canada.

On one other comparison, Axium has a great warranty on the rest of their speakers, but 1 year on the subs. SVS has a 3 year. Chances are most problems should occur soon after purchase but, who's to say. I like the fact a product is backed up confidently with a better warranty. I don't think this says it is better in all cases though, just because it has a longer warranty period

I am price wise going to have to live with a sub it seems may not be enough for my rec room. I initially thought 500 watts and a 12" driver was going to be enough. I listen to everything music wise and really enjoy movies, biggest reason for the surround purchase.

thanks for your thoughts,

Troy

M80 VP150 4-QS8 EP600 Monitor Audio S8 NAD T 773 Anthem MCA3 II Hitachi 57" projection