I think the biggest concern for most is the wait time, not defects. Because if there are any found at all, they're always small.

The wait time, though, can be painful!

It's like this: You spend so much time trying to decide on the purchase regarding brands and lines and suggestions and budgets and anticipation of sound (make no mistake, even if you're checking out speakers in a showroom, they're going to sound different when they're in your room). After deciding and redeciding, if you pull the trigger on "A Stock" Axioms you get them almost before you have time to prepare for them. But if you choose to be fiscally responsible and go "B Stock" the significant savings means doing some waiting.

In the meantime, you start hanging out on the boards here more and more, and you read how people rediscovered their music collection and movies never sounded better, and you become a part of the little family here, and everybody loves their speakers so much......only your speakers are 4, 6 or 8 weeks off!

It's been many, many years since I had that "kid before Christmas" feeling that I had while waiting for my "B" Axioms! Others have been fine with it, re-vamping the new HT room in the meantime. I guess I had been planning on upgrading for so, so long, knowing I pulled the trigger made me want them ASAP!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::