I’m confused, are you just making a point, agreeing with me, disagreeing with me, or think I think I know everything?. Well if you do, I’m not making any claims regarding SQ. And I do not know everything, didn’t claim to, have no intention to do so either. I’m one of the dumbest SOB’s I know. Just ask one of my X-wives and they’ll confirm that. So, I’m not going to go on about how many generators I’ve sinc’ed and tied on, or how many times I’ve seen power factor fluctuations, or how many times I’ve seen dips and bounces in the buss.

I’ll just tell ya that the substation feeding your area probably see times during peak user hours when heavy user instantaneous power demands may cause cycle drops on the grid feeding your substation. It all depends on the sub’s capacity, feed, and who the peak users are, and what they are powering up. 220/240/208V going into your meter will not change, but you can bet on cycle fluctuations. More so during these peak user hours.

So your observation with your tube amps may in fact be happening. I don’t doubt it. But I wouldn’t expect you to notice it over a ‘general’ period of time. Cycle fluctuations are immediate, and generators compensate very quickly. It may be that your substation is grossly under capacity, especially if your area has seen some significant development recently. And if this is happening, you and your neighbors would most likely be experiencing brown outs and seeing an unusually high failure rate on electronic devises throughout your homes. TV’s and telephones are prime candidates. They are the first to go in my home.