Back in 1997 when I was in the market for a new receiver, I did most of my research on the internet, going from one manufacturers website to another, comparing features and specifications. I do not remember seeing anything about warranty warnings for buying from a dealer that was not "factory authorized." Maybe it was there and I just don't remember.

Anyhow, I have been looking around to see if there was a new receiver that I just couldn't do without. I have noticed warranty warnings at several of the manufacturer's websites, especially the Denon one.

So, just for the heck of it, I printed out their list of authorized "e-tailers." I then went to "pricegrabber" and did a web search for a Denon 3805. There were 15 retailers that "pricgrabber" listed. Only one was on Denon's approved list.

What is going on here? Where are the other 14 retailers getting their Denon receivers if not from Denon? Or, am I to believe that there is a case of fraud and the receivers really aren't Denon to begin with?

What games are being played?

What has been your experience?

The Rat.

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV