Hi Tom. I won't be any help regarding your indoor setup options but I can tell you a little about some speakers I listened to prior to purchasing.

A fellow that lives in the neighborhood runs a security/home audio business and uses his home as a demo location. I walked over and listened to Stereostone's Stereo Rock, which produces stereo sound from one rock speaker and Jamo outdoor speakers. I don't remember the model number but they were the largest outdoor offering. The Stereo Rock provided pretty good sound for background music but at higher levels sounded flat. The Jamo speakers has great range and at annoy the neighbors level produced well defined base, mid-range, and highs. As far as placement options, the StereoRock was pretty versatile in that it can be placed just about anywhere. The Jamos were limited to awnings or walls.

I also listened to some Yamahas, Klipcsh, and a few other brands I can't remember. Except for the Yamahas, all suffered from lack of bass and poor highs. Had location not been an issue, I would have purchased the Yamahas as they produced great sound for the price and were not as big as the Jamos. I decided on the DaVinci model from Stereostone. I didn't want to hang speakers from the patio and I liked the idea of having the music flowing towards the house and not away. Pricey, but man are they a pleasure to listen to at any volume level. They are powered by the Denon using Zone 2. It was somewhat of a pain to run wiring but now that is is finished, I'm happy I went that route. When the deck is finsished, I'll post pictures, assuming I will know how when the time comes.

Axiom stuff, Denon stuff, & Sony stuff