I pre-wired my house with cat five and speaker wires to six separate locations for a whole home audio system with in ceiling speakers. Still haven’t done anything with it, as I was unable to find speakers to my liking. They all sucked, in my opinion. But if you’re just looking for background music, they fit that bill OK. I can’t comment about the products you linked to, I have no idea. I was going a different route.

When I was looking for hardware two years ago, I had picked out a multi zone unit from Kustom. The one I was looking at had six separate amps that would all play independent source material at all six zones simultaneously. Pretty trick unit really. I could be in the garage listing to the CD while the little lady was listening to the tuner in the spa. The cat five is there for IR control at each zone. It’s home run ran from each zone to where the EQ rack and equipment was going to be located in the office. I picked this location so I could easily hook up my CPU along with CD and Tuner.

You can cut and paste the link for some more info in this set up if interested. http://www.smarthome.com/8270c.html