2x6spds,
Thanks for the reply. Here's how I currently run my old surrounds. I have one sub directly under each surround speakers.

1.) In my pre amp I set the surrounds to "Large" so the surrounds get a full range signal. This is just like setting the fronts to large(no LFE signal).

2.) Then I use the "high pass filter" on my surround subs by using the speaker level connections(not line level). You simply run the Left pos/neg speaker wire from the pre amp to the speaker level "in" on the sub and then you run another speaker wire from the sub speaker level "out" up to the surround pos/neg and repeat the same process with right surround and sub.

3.) Then set the subs "high pass" crossosver to say 75hz(that's where my current surrounds roll off).

4.) Since the sub is getting a full range signal it's "high pass" crossover sends everything below the crossover to the sub and anything above the crossover the the surround.

This allow me to run my fronts and center crossed at 60hz and my surrounds at 70hz

It's really just a poor mans ICBM. I was hoping to not have to use the subs anymore by getting some good surrounds that went down to around 60hz , but if I keep the QS8 it looks like that won't be possible.

OK so 2x6spds uses an ICBM, how do the rest of you QS8 guys handle the 90hz limitation of the QS8? Come on I know you guys are out there and lots of you have QS8 surrounds.

Last edited by Legairre; 06/01/05 11:29 PM.