Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
3 registered (Socketman, Gary Vose Sr, CV), 113 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12711 Members
11 Forums
22685 Topics
400518 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17696
pmbuko 16225
SirQuack 13311
CV 11062
MarkSJohnson 10680
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#228209 - 11/03/08 09:35 AM Re: Just Ordered My First Axiom System [Re: medic8r]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada

Nice looking setup. RockBand gear an all. A few of my friends have purchased Rock Band but continue to mysteriously show up randomly at my house to play because the music sounds so much better with my Axioms compared to their HTiB. That and the fact that I don't have kids so late night volume control worries. At least until my wife packs it in.

#228213 - 11/03/08 11:22 AM Re: Just Ordered My First Axiom System [Re: Chiefsfan]
PeterChenoweth Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Jacksonville, IL
Congrats on the setup! \:\) Looks awesome. Nice AV room too.

Heh. I loved that 'magic board' segment on SNL. As a CNN watcher, I found it hilarious. \:D

Not to be a downer, but...

Do let the group know if you have any problems with the M80's and that Emotiva XPA-5. Especially if it shuts down at high (>100db) volume levels.

There have been a few reports both here and in other forums that the XPA line might have problems with 4-ohm speakers, like M80's. Some of us here are very happy with our Emotiva gear, but others are not. There's another very recent thread where the poster was having major problems with an XPA-2 and a pair of M80's.

I'd just suggest that you put that XPA-5 'through the paces' if you're still in the 30-day window to return it, should it not meet your expectations.
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office

#228215 - 11/03/08 11:44 AM Re: Just Ordered My First Axiom System [Re: PeterChenoweth]
JaimeG Offline
aficionado

Loc: Ashburn, VA
 Quote:
Heh. I loved that 'magic board' segment on SNL. As a CNN watcher, I found it hilarious.

Same here, it was super hilarious! The best so far from this season, maybe just behind last week 'McCain @ QVC', that was pretty awesome.

#229172 - 11/09/08 08:30 PM Re: Just Ordered My First Axiom System [Re: JaimeG]
Chiefsfan Offline
frequent flier

OK......FINALLY DONE (I will post some "finished" pics soon).

After spending much of this entire weekend fishing wire, mounting brackets and re-wiring what could have been Apollo 11, I finally finished installing my HT today.

I must say that after getting all the speakers calibrated, I was VERY impressed with the system. I tested the speakers for an extended time (about 6 hours) at very high volumes (my ears were almost bleeding). The sound was phenomenally rich and clean. I watched tv (directv HD), played Rockband (XBox 360) and Wii some as well.

I guess I am a one of the lucky ones, as I was powering the M80/VP150/QS8s with an Emotiva XPA-5 amp (Denon receiver as pre-amp) without ANY issue at all of circuit protection even at these very high levels. I am quite pleased with the combination and the sound quality it presents.

I'll definitely get some pics up soon as well as a more complete review of my experience.

As for now, off to take some more ibuprofen.......that stupid 130 lbs plasma tv really did a number on my back today -- I just manned up and "lifted it" onto the mount without a "buddy" (nobody was around). What I am learning about being 37 is that I am still strong enough to do stupid things, I just hurt afterwards (in my 20's, stupidity came without a price).

#229177 - 11/09/08 08:42 PM Re: Just Ordered My First Axiom System [Re: Chiefsfan]
myrison Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Austin, TX
Awesome news Michael. Glad to hear everything came together for you (including the Emotiva/M80 combination). Looking forward to the final pictures.

Jason

#229265 - 11/10/08 07:48 AM Re: Just Ordered My First Axiom System [Re: myrison]
DaveG Offline
aficionado

Loc: WI
Congrats, good to hear all of your system worked out for you.

#229722 - 11/13/08 07:44 PM Re: Just Ordered My First Axiom System [Re: DaveG]
Chiefsfan Offline
frequent flier

Well, I am finally posting some finished set up pics of my HT installation. It was a lot of fun getting this HT in place (although the mounting of the TV and running wires in the wall wasn't the greatest).

I really enjoyed running the audio set program on my receiver and getting my receiver/amp/speakers/sub calibrated. It made quite a nice difference to the sound quality.

I will post a more detailed reveiw a bit later on how I am feeling about the overall sound of the sytem under various conditions. The short answer is that the sound is awesome and I finally have that "jaw dropping" sound to go with the fabulous picture of my 60" Pioneer plasma.

Michael

#229730 - 11/13/08 08:24 PM Re: Just Ordered My First Axiom System [Re: Chiefsfan]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
Wow, Michael, nice clean looking set-up!!

#229755 - 11/14/08 12:17 AM Re: Just Ordered My First Axiom System [Re: St_PatGuy]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada
+1 Thats a very nice setup!

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#229777 - 11/14/08 06:25 AM Re: Just Ordered My First Axiom System [Re: fredk]
SRoode Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Fishers, Indiana, USA
Now that's the way to do it! What a great looking setup!

Do you normally keep the speakers "nude" or was it just for the pictures?

-Steve

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.