Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Re: The usual suspects...
Cactrot #246753 02/13/09 07:54 PM
J
shareholder in the making
J
 Originally Posted By: Cactrot

Now I do know that one person's "harsh" is the next person's "accurate" and that it generally seems to be the same few people that are continually propagating these claims. On the other hand, the only people I ever see defending and recommending axiom are the most prolific posters on axioms own forums. On all the threads where axiom is mentioned over at avsforum, audioholics, hometheatershack, etc, it's always the same few people defending axiom: jakewash, sirquack, grunt, are always recommending axiom, but no one else. This puts up a huge red flag for me. Are these posters being compensated by axiom to continually defend and recommend axiom products? Why do no other owners step up to defend or recommend axiom? These guys all have thousands of posts on axioms forums so it's hard to take their opinion as non biased.

Don't I wish I was being compensated!!!!!!

Someone has to stand up to those that spout off about things they know nothing about, and obviously I have no life other than surfing the audio forums \:\( .

If you read many of my posts I still offer support and advise people to audition many brands and pick the ones they like the best, just happens to be I like Axiom and think many are missing out on a great product due to the few that like to trash talk Axiom for no other reason than they have read it some where. For those that have heard Axiom and still did not like them, most appear too have heard them many years ago, so not a very accurate review on their part.

I have mentioned that I find Axioms to be not a smooth as Studio 100s but at half the price and almost all the same benefit of the 100s I can put up with a little edge to my music(even then it is only at loud volumes ~90db and up), sounds more like a live performance to me this way any way.

I have also recommended kef/orb/Rockets and many other products to those not wanting the 'Axiom' sound.

Anyway, as the others have mentioned, check for someone nearby to give you an audition this way you won't have to spend a dime for return shipping if you do not like the Axiom sound, although I suspect you will as you like Paradigm.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
jakewash #246764 02/13/09 08:14 PM
cactrot, there are more than 3 of us that support axioms on other forums. I used to be a regular on AVS but got sick of the trolls providing inaccurate feedback to people about Axiom speakers. The history, research, reviews on reputable websites, and graphs alone prove their hearsay advice to be totally false.

Axiom are the best speakers I've ever heard or owned, and that includes paradigm, klipsch, infinity, b&w, to name a few.

where do you live, maybe an in home audition is in order to put your concerns to rest. \:\)

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

Cactrot #246775 02/13/09 09:10 PM
HAY Offline
aficionado
aficionado
On all the threads where axiom is mentioned over at avsforum, audioholics, hometheatershack, etc, it's always the same few people defending axiom: jakewash, sirquack, grunt, are always recommending axiom, but no one else.

I used to go to those other sites but got annoyed with them quickly. I find the forum here is great, informational, funny, friendly and addictive. It appears some great friendships have been made on this forum as well as people helping others out and generally caring when there's an issue audio or life related.

Find a owner to audition the speakers or order a set and they will prove themselves.

High Gloss Cherry
M60 VP150 QS8
Open for Auditions but please don't drool on the High Gloss
HAY #246780 02/13/09 09:54 PM
C
Cactrot Offline OP
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
C
woah.. I didn't expect so many responses so quickly! Thank you very much to those who took the time to reply. I'll try to address some of the responses.

HAY #246781 02/13/09 09:56 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Hay, I could not have said it any better.

I just really have no patience for AVS, Audioholics, etc. I have limited time for forum-surfing, and this place just became my internet home. The fact that I own and enjoy Axiom speakers seems almost coincidental now relative to the rich relationships I've developed here. Participating in the Axiom forum brings me joy; AVS does not.

Some lucky forum members have several Axiom systems. Others, including me, still enjoy other speaker brands, too. I have Boston, Polk and Mirage speakers in other systems. My Axiom M60's are by far the best. And they were also the most expensive. And, they were also the best value.

Nobody is getting paid; we are just really like this.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
pmbuko #246782 02/13/09 09:57 PM
C
Cactrot Offline OP
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
C
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I ditto Ken's sentiments. The majority of people who purchase Axiom speakers become fans and will evangelize about them if given the opportunity. Part of what you're seeing on other forums is an attempt by Axiom owners to counter some of the bashing Axiom wrongly receives.

But why does axiom receive said bashing? More so, it seems, than other brands... if they are truly that great at this price point, why are more people not recommending them?

LT61 #246785 02/13/09 10:00 PM
C
Cactrot Offline OP
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
C
 Originally Posted By: LT61
I have been here since 04' and only have a few hundred posts.....this means my many Axiom M60s reccomendations over the years, are spot on........green flag on the M60's!

haha.. I was originally going to go for the m60's but jakewash's comparison of the m80 vs m22+sub (virtually indistinguishable) convinced me to go for the m22. Plus my room is only 1400 cu ft so I don't really need the power of the towers...... yet ;\)

Cactrot #246787 02/13/09 10:04 PM
local
local
Alright... Ready for this... I think the Axiom's I own are bright as well. That's what the tone adjustment on my receiver is for. Turned the treble back just a hair and now I'm as happy as can be. \:\)

I occasionally post on AVS and I'm a regular on HTF. I don't always recommend Axiom - it depends on budget and goals. But I can only recommend what I know - what I owned, own, or would like to own. That means Axiom!

Cactrot #246789 02/13/09 10:05 PM
local
local
 Originally Posted By: LT61
I have been here since 04' and only have a few hundred posts.....this means my many Axiom M60s reccomendations over the years, are spot on........green flag on the M60's!

haha.. I was originally going to go for the m60's but jakewash's comparison of the m80 vs m22+sub (virtually indistinguishable) convinced me to go for the m22. Plus my room is only 1400 cu ft so I don't really need the power of the towers...... yet ;\)

Sure you do. You just don't realize it yet. Give the disease a chance, you will upgrade.

Zimm #246791 02/13/09 10:11 PM
C
Cactrot Offline OP
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
C
 Originally Posted By: Zimm
I don't own Axiom LCR, (I use PSB) but I don't think what you are reading is due to any compensation or even blind loyalty. Problem is, speaker sound is very subjective. Once you hit a certain point of quality, all the basics of performance are covered and it’s a comparison of characteristics. Those characteristics are highly influenced by listening rooms, music preferences, etc. So people - like the people you name - that have great setups and love their systems know for a fact the Axioms sound great - to them in their systems with their music. You can’t blame them for stating same when non-owners and never-have-listed’ers claim they are inaccurately harsh. It’s the blog age, most opinions are formed from reading an opinion – it is just hearsay.

Honestly, with most of the comments of "harshness" I felt this was the case; people just repeating something they had read elsewhere. There were a few accounts, however, where people claimed to have ordered them and sent them back because of the "harshness" at higher volumes.

Originally Posted By: Zimm
But I, for one, don't like really bright speakers. For example, I often prefer silk tweeters over Ti, where possible. My PSBs can hit a note every so often that I don’t like in the upper range. So I may not be the best M80 candidate on paper, considering nothing but performance. But in the real world where cost is a factor, I would probably love the M80s as much or more than my PSBs, and just dial down the treble one notch if needed. When buying my speakers, I A/B’d speakers ranging $20K over the purchase price to get a feel for sonic changes. They were different, no doubt, but the differences don’t appear as errors in the other speakers. And given how impressed I am with the little QS8, I’d probably have to try to M80’s.

All you can do is take it all in and try to figure out the characteristics you really don't like, but after a certain price point and within certain known companies, you are safe as lemons are few and far between.

This is exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm not the type of person to read one review and spend thousands of dollars based on it. I've spent months reading every review I could find of various axiom products (as well as many others) and searching through forums for various listeners personal experiences. Although this is my first foray into a real sound system, I feel I have a pretty good grasp of what I want from a speaker and I think I'll know if axiom is right for me as soon as I hear them.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Cork), 897 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup