I've been reading extensively on various forums for a few months now trying to decide which speakers to buy to upgrade from my htib. At first I had settled on PSB Image T45's, C40, and B15's for surrounds but my local dealer quoted me way higher than what other people in canada were being quoted and now I'd prefer not to do business with him (I can get them shipped from the states and pay shipping, duty, taxes and it still comes to less than his quote).

I went to another store to audition some paradigm and klipsch products but the only ones that I thought sounded any good were the paradigm studio 100's... a little out of my price range, unfortunately. They didn't have the studio 60's but I heard all the monitor line and was not very impressed for the price.

This brings me to axiom. I've read all the threads, reviews, comparisons and they seem to fit the description of what I'm looking for in a speaker. Detailed, transparent, accurate. However, I do have a concern about many people's descriptions of the highs on the axioms, bright, shrill, harsh...

Now I do know that one person's "harsh" is the next person's "accurate" and that it generally seems to be the same few people that are continually propagating these claims. On the other hand, the only people I ever see defending and recommending axiom are the most prolific posters on axioms own forums. On all the threads where axiom is mentioned over at avsforum, audioholics, hometheatershack, etc, it's always the same few people defending axiom: jakewash, sirquack, grunt, are always recommending axiom, but no one else. This puts up a huge red flag for me. Are these posters being compensated by axiom to continually defend and recommend axiom products? Why do no other owners step up to defend or recommend axiom? These guys all have thousands of posts on axioms forums so it's hard to take their opinion as non biased.

Having said that, I would also like to express my thanks for the various comparisons you (the axiom community) have documented, biased as they may be, they've been very helpful to me.

I'll likely be ordering the M22's, VP100, and QS8's for a 1400 cu ft room. I'll be running an svs pb10 sub and denon 989 receiver.

I truly hope I don't offend anyone with this post. I just thought I'd point out this pattern I've seen and wanted to bring it up.

Thanks.