Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 34 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 33 34
Re: System is shipped as we speak (so to speak)
wilwom #247404 02/17/09 05:24 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

It's not that anyone thinks Bob "pooped" in anyone's sandbox. It is a matter of you get what you give on this forum. I for one was called a "vinyl nutcase" (by dear Bob)for enjoying it. I had never before had any dialog directly with him and this is how he prefers to introduce himself to me.

Being just a little respectful when one comes to a forum goes a long way. Being a smartass and obnoxious doesn't bode well for anyone, including dear Bob.

I'm certain there are things Bob could do in his set up that would help if he is willing to listen to all of us "fanboys".

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

medic8r #247405 02/17/09 05:31 PM
N
regular
regular
N
Do the speakers need a break-in period???

Wid #247406 02/17/09 05:32 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: wid

I'll join ya Doc
Rick, your emoticons been eating all day so far and not gaining any weight. What's his secret?

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #247407 02/17/09 05:34 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

Good metabolism.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Wid #247408 02/17/09 05:36 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
No, Norb, no such thing as speaker breakin, however, your brain will take some time to adjust.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

BoB/335 #247411 02/17/09 05:44 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Bob. I am sorry you are not liking the sound so far. I havn't ever felt that the M80s sounded thin. I don't watch tv so can't comment on the sound of the speakers there.

I am surprised about the drum comment. That was one area where I thought the M80s were amazing.

Give it a few more days. If you still don't like them, send them back. There are some people that find this speaker too bright.

I'm glad your wife likes the looks.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
wilwom #247415 02/17/09 05:51 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I spent a good deal of time scouring AVS forums (and other forums a bit) mostly looking at Paradigm/ Klipsch. When I was pointed to Axiom, it appeared a very good value/quality. I was hesitant at first to come to an Axiom sponsored forum for objective advice. I have found the folks here pretty even handed in recommendations. You expect a lot of owner enthusiasm on a (mostly) owner's forum.

Bob, I would try not to turn sour yet. Please report back here with your amp settings, room size, all speaker distances to primary listening position, etc. Folks here will be more than happy to share their experience on possible tweaks to improve. I certainly can relate to your extreme excitement during the selection process, finally pulling the trigger and then waiting for arrival. I am where you were at the 'almost final decision stage'. (M60, VP150, QS8, backs not finalized ;o)

To have this level of excitement puts a big expectation on the first hearing. It may turn out that the Axioms do not indeed appeal to your ears for this is a highly personal preference. I loved the analogy I read recently: Most could agree on a woman being beautiful or... not so much. But to get most to agree on which woman is the 'most' beautiful... not going to happen.

Bob, please try toput your first impression on hold until you give yourself the opportunity to be sure there is not some (of the gazillion) setting that might not be correct in your system. Or room placement/ acoustics might be changed to a positive affect. I know from setting up my new Denon 1909 recently, I missed an important setting or two! You owe it to your self for any possibilty you don't need to incur return shipping at a minimum. I know getting past the initial disappointment is tough.

Anyway best wishes to you in getting to a sound that you really love.

Dave
owner in waiting (on that final decision... again ;o)

Last edited by davekro; 02/17/09 05:52 PM.

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."
Wid #247417 02/17/09 06:05 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: wid

It's not that anyone thinks Bob "pooped" in anyone's sandbox. It is a matter of you get what you give on this forum. I for one was called a "vinyl nutcase" (by dear Bob)for enjoying it. I had never before had any dialog directly with him and this is how he prefers to introduce himself to me.

Being just a little respectful when one comes to a forum goes a long way. Being a smartass and obnoxious doesn't bode well for anyone, including dear Bob.

I'm certain there are things Bob could do in his set up that would help if he is willing to listen to all of us "fanboys".

+1

Given his penchant for making outlandish statements to yank people’s chains, (Trying to be funny?), I’m surprised anyone is still taking him seriously when he says this stuff. You reap what you sow, or at least should anyway. Bored now! ;\)

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
BoB/335 #247418 02/17/09 06:11 PM
aficionado
aficionado
BOB, please help us folks who are in the pre-order mode by coming back with more info. You have an opportunity to possibly help others and/or help yourself. I hope you can set your frustration aside for a bit, to help others!

Originally Posted By: BoB/335
They seem very bright with most music so far. The drums sound very thin. Bass is pretty solid. Very good detail but it doesn't sound well balanced.
Regular TV. The voices sound extremely thin and irritating at regular TV listening volume.

I learned a very important lesson. You MUST listen to speakers before buying them. I don't understand why I'm hearing things so differently then the guys on the forum.

Bob,
I truly hope you will come back to share your settings.
Even if you 'believe' there is no chance anything could change how you M80's sound to you, you have an opportunity to help out the rest of us who are planning on buying soon! If you were to post back here with your settings, I have the opportunity to take your perspective into consideration. As of now, your reaction does not have enough information (your settings please) to help the rest of us whom are a step behind you (pre-order) to use your experience to add to our decision choice(s).

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."
Wid #247420 02/17/09 06:15 PM
veteran
veteran
Wid, thanks for calling attention to that. I wouldn't like someone calling me a nutcase either unless I knew them well. I see a lot of sharp barbs flying around on this forum; but they are usually between people who are well acquainted and consider themselves friends. I agree that "give what you get" makes sense; but it's also subjective.

By the way please quote me correctly: The spelling I used was "pooed". I think that's from Winnie the Poo. And I demand an apologiky. That's from popeye.

Bill

Whose avatar should I borrow next?
Page 6 of 34 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 33 34

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,108 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup