I visited a local retailer (that rhymes with egg 'beater') to order some HT furniture, and for kicks I listened to some kit and their spiel about Polk Audio being the greatest speaker since Winston Churchill and that a good bookshelf beats a cheap tower (which I agree with). I talked with him about Axiom and he said that Axiom was in Best Buy once but the salespeople weren't smart enough to upsell it to customers (which doesn't surprise me). He also said that metal tweeters are never as good as Polk's silk nipple tweeter (or whatever it is called). He also noted to check the speaker weight as a measure of the quality of the cabinet (the Polk Audio boxes are heavier than the M22, I think). I will say that the Polk towers with the extra woofer at the bottom sound great, which they should for the $1500 or whatever they were.

Anyway, my point? I'm still trying to determine if the M50 or M60 is better for home theater use with my H/K 635 and a sub and the dimensions in this thread subject.. Looks like people are somewhat split here. Any other criteria to use, other than demoing both of them?

P.S. As far as music goes, I listen to mainly adult alternative rock.

Last edited by Opie; 06/28/05 08:54 PM.