Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
AxiomAir General Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Can you connect USB Extrenal HD to AA linkstatic 12/02/20 12:47 PM
Well, I just thought I would plug the WDMyCloud 500 GB USB external hard drive into the Axiom Air Transformer and see if I could access music files on it.

It works perfectly, connects and plays my music files from it just fine.
1 14 Read More
The Water Cooler Jump to new posts
Re: What video games are you playing tonight? rrlev 12/02/20 08:40 AM
I’m just going by any distance to screen size chart. I did quote the last post from memory but the numbers are close enough for the exercise. You can get more exacting distances off the chart below or read a full discussion on it In the link ... Rtings did one of the better discussion on why and when tv resolution becomes visible.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship

[Linked Image from i.rtings.com]
1,770 4,546,043 Read More
Home Theater Jump to new posts
Re: M100s? Kodiak 12/02/20 07:09 AM
Or at least relate to cutting them off.........depends how you read that.

I think I’ll skip joining that club for now.
298 8,117 Read More
Advice from Axiom Owners Jump to new posts
Re: Klipsch vs Axiom Mojo 12/02/20 01:55 AM
It's a terrible affliction this acoustic atelophobia.
10 110 Read More
Stereo Jump to new posts
Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? CV 12/01/20 05:02 AM
Originally Posted by Rebulx
CV, what a playlist! it's a retro tour for sure! A very fun listen! I just loved that your choices were so off the wall to me, it's great listening to new stuff.

Ha ha, a significant portion were definitely back-in-the-day picks. And I'm glad you liked some of them! Even if no one else listened, it's already come in handy to have on in the background when I'm doing stuff around the house. I like occasionally looking over at some of the visuals.
8,997 54,662,145 Read More
Re: Help needed with M5HP receiver options Sinclair 11/30/20 03:36 AM
brendo, I agree that some of those old designs are mind boggling, amazing and scary at the same time. Also agree on the value of science and engineering the enthusiasts of vintage hi-fi equipment carry on.

Speaking about Paul McGowan, I agree that his style and narrative might not be greatest/best for everyone. Still, he has achieved a lot as an engineer and entrepreneur. And, perhaps the most important thing is that he did not outsource and that requires lots of guts. Endless legion of others sold their souls to cheap manufacturing while keep asking high $ for their product with the smile on their faces. Last but not least, isn't Ian trying to promote Axiom speakers in his youtube videos? I think he is and I think that is absolutely fine and, actually, expected from him and anyone else who is proud of his achievements and interested in promoting his business. So does Nelson Pass and many others. Nelson has certainly more entertaining style, for sure smile

Thank you for recommending Hans Beekhuyzen, pure pleasure...
46 681 Read More
Re: M5HP as Centre TrevorM 11/29/20 10:34 PM
M5s all around would be awesome with ceiling speakers
2 46 Read More
Re: What useful things do you make with speaker parts? bridgman 11/27/20 04:50 AM
Back in our university days there was a Philips DeForest building on the way between home and school. One of my friends would dumpster-dive for rejected woofers and re-cone them.

The things we do to pay our way through school.
5 736 Read More
Re: Trigger pulled.... AGAIN! Mojo 11/26/20 10:01 PM
laugh
9 632 Read More
Re: Axiom active LFR1100 vs. MBL Radialstrahler rrlev 11/26/20 04:13 AM
Ahh, I was thinking of something non-audio ... since you just spent $20k on audio stuff.
How about a trip to see the sights of the world ...
Or paying off your debt and investing the rest ... using the yearly income for something.

I'm sure there have to be some more creative ideas on what to do with it.
3 63 Read More
Re: Time to Upgrade Mojo 11/26/20 03:36 AM
Sweet. M5OW for sure.

Not sure you need a center given your listening distance and separation of your fronts.

Punt the center and QS8s for QS10. Maybe only two QS10? Is the 3rd QS8 behind you? Can you hear it doing anything?

You'll have a big upgrade with M5 and QS10.
6 117 Read More
Re: OLED vs QLED?? bman84 11/25/20 06:24 PM
That 88" OLED would be incredible to have. Hopefully it's a bit more attainable in about 5 years time.

That's a good point on Vizio. Too bad, as they were starting to show some real promise. I think their OLED's are making a bit of a splash in the US though.

OLED's are very consistent, which is a big part of why I'm finding the 48" LG CX to be the best monitor I've ever owned. If I can get it to run 3840x1600 at 120Hz, it'll be perfect. As much as I wanted to have a 77" in the basement, the cost is just a bit much. I was able to get the 75" TCL + 48" OLED + GTX 3080 for the same price.
14 508 Read More
Gallery Jump to new posts
Time to upgrade bjkramer 11/25/20 04:23 AM
Thinking about making a change. Thoughts and ideas welcome.
0 53 Read More
Re: New finish bman84 11/24/20 01:52 PM
ARC makes a massive improvement in my room, and does a far better job than Audyssey XT32. I'm sure I could improve things further if I had the time to experiment and tweak, but the default 20-minute setup sounds great to me. Anthem is releasing a new line of receivers/processors in December, and I'm sure those will do an even better job of utilizing ARC (new calibration mic for one).
16 295 Read More
Gallery Jump to new posts
Basement 2.0 bman84 11/24/20 10:42 AM
I've made a few changes this year. Swapped the VP180 for a VP160, replaced M5 in-walls with M5 on-walls, and got a new TCL 6-series QLED. The system is sounding better than ever!

Here's the TV in action: https://photos.app.goo.gl/AcrgRuDzR1ARxd257
0 40 Read More
Re: Song Share- Stereo Fuel TrevorM 11/23/20 10:46 PM
I use bluos in my NAD receiver in the basement. Does the job!

If you have a receiver with spotify connect that would be the preferred method over bluetooth. I use bluetooth upstairs from an ipad mini to an arcam rblink. Sounds great.

Btw, the issue I’ve found with bluetooth is as much in the sender as in the receiver. My newish ipad mini sounds much much better than my phone. Dunno why.
24 2,581 Read More
Re: Anyone Looking to by a speaker just needs an M2 Rebulx 11/23/20 06:50 AM
lol, your right! my mistake.
8 902 Read More
Re: Air + Bluesound + EP125 Mojo 11/23/20 04:35 AM
Looks like a winner. It was a smart move to include a sub out with bass management.
3 349 Read More
Stereo Jump to new posts
Re: Out with the new and in with the newer Rebulx 11/20/20 04:35 AM
lol, your easy to love mojo! Your my speaker persona through and through!!!
440 64,859 Read More
Re: M5HP Question Zocco97 11/18/20 07:19 PM
Ok appreciate it Mojo! Can't wait to have them in my system.
7 550 Read More
Hearing Things Jump to new posts
Re: Axiom Model C Mojo 11/18/20 05:33 AM
I'm afraid that photo of the Model C is all I can do. The rest is up to Ian.
6 235 Read More
Re: What scotch/whiskey/bourbon did you drink last ni? Mojo 11/18/20 04:23 AM
laugh
70 25,832 Read More
Re: They've seen some great parties Kodiak 11/17/20 10:30 PM
Well at least he got what he wanted..........

And so did you! Asking price as well eh? Nice.

Party on!
3 387 Read More
Lid for the Air Mojo 11/17/20 04:04 AM
Has anyone ordered a different lid for their Air? I have walnut nutmeg which I don't find too pretty. I'd like to get the Boston Cherry which is now offered in real wood veneer. How is it ordered?
0 247 Read More
Stereo Jump to new posts
Re: Sound beaming Mojo 11/15/20 06:54 AM
John, I don't know how ears are tracked but the audio is indeed "sent" ultrasonically. The carrier frequency is ultrasonic and is modulated with audio.

Edit: the only way I can see how to ear track is via optics and image recognition. Once located, distance has to be figured out and head-related transfer functions to steer the channel carriers to each ear.

Yup, many drivers. The more drivers, the greater the spatial resolution.
3 600 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,494
Posts434,571
Members15,442
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,437
SirQuack 13,707
CV 11,918
MarkSJohnson 11,451
Who's Online Now
1 members (rjxox), 256 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup