In reply to:

I guess it depends on how much you believe that a FET power stage (tube based) modifies signal and sound.

You're a little mixed up brother.

By FET based he was refering to amps that use Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors instead of Bipolar Junction Transistors.

Personally, I've been trying to find good literature on exactly how they employ the FETs in these designs for a few years and haven't had much luck (nor have I tried that hard...). A BJT amplifier is a fairly basic structure as the emitter output is the sum of the base and the collector. Simply add a little current to the base and you have an amplifier. A MOSFET is a true switch in that applying current to the gate merely opens a path for current to flow from drain to source with little gain.

Obviously, heat and power consumption should go WAY down (FETs only draw power when they switch from off to on and vice versa whereas BJT's draw power through their entire activity). But I've no idea what they're doing in the actual design or how this would effect signal integrity.