This has been very educational for me. I have learned more in the last few weeks from this and other message boards about audio than I eve knew. As you may have guessed, I am taking my first tentative steps into the exploration of "audiophilia," having always loved good sound, and never having the budget or research resources to explore it. I have always been satisfied with the cheap widely available components because for the most part, it was all I knew and they were still better than what I had. I appreciate the knowledge, information, and patience of those on this and other message boards willing to share with me.

So, my new questions - Many people here and elsewhere talk glowingly of Denon and Onkyo products. Where would you say those fit into the spectrum of audio/video products? From price/features/specs alone, it seems that they overlap with mass market products as well as higher end companies.

Second, you mentioned that audiophile brands don't produce receivers, but I have found reviews for B&K AV receivers, Arcam receivers and some others. Would these be inferior to the separates offered by the same companies in your opinion? And, would they be equal or superior to similarly priced offerings from Denon/Onkyo or the JVC-type crowd?

Of course, this all may be moot, since the AV-THX receivers from Denon, Onkyo, and B&K (I think I really like this one!) are all significantly out of my price range. But I figure, I can at least educate myself in preparation for the NEXT system upgrade! Thanks in advance.

M60s, VP150, QS8 x4 ACI Titan II sub Anthem AVM20 pre/pro Anthem PVA7 amp Panasonic DVD-RP91