As I sit and wait for my speakers (which hasn’t been 2 weeks yet and is killing me), I decided to start thinking to the future. I need to purchase a few things and I wanted some help from the Guru's on this board.

Ok here we go...first I need to complete my home entertainment system. This means I need a CD player and a DVD player. Keep in mind that I just bought my new NAD T773 receiver. I am trying to decide on matching NAD components or should I go with other brands. One poster on another board suggested that I try NAD C542 for my cd player and the Denon 2910 DVD player. I would like to get everyone’s opinion on this. I will make this purchase later this week.

Ok now for some easier questions...I need speaker cables and other cables for hooking up the new cd and DVD players as well. What are your suggestions? Generic 14 gauge wire from Home depot or should I go with something fancier and more expensive. I’m also thinking of digital coax for the sound but what about the video. Keep in mind that my TV does not have HDMI connections but only accepts RCA or S-video (for now until I get my Plasma next year).

Thanks in advance and I appreciate any help on this!