So I come home and there's a package at the door. Hmm, I didn't order anything from Amazon, eBay, craigslist, audiogon, etc. that I haven't received yet. (Not including the Project Debut III TT I just got that didn't work...) My mind races, trying to remember what I bought so I can "justify" it to my wife.

Take the box inside and open it up. Inside is an XM2go receiver by Tao.

XM2go

I entered an online contest on cargomag.com about a month ago. Figured, what the hell. I really like the magazine and couldn't hurt. But I NEVER win anything like that. Low and behold, I did. Not only do I get a free receiver, but I have free service until Dec 05.

Pretty comprehensive box of equipment. Records up to 5 hours of XM, has a built in FM transmitter for use in the car, comes w/ a home kit w/ antenna/dock/stereo connections, car kit w/ charger, antenna and holder. From a gadget standpoint, pretty cool.

I listen to XM at work, up until my free feed dies. Content seems good.

Started playing w/ it. Now I know what people complain about regarding reception and sound quality. I have to walk around outside just to get a decent signal that doesn't clip or echo. Sound is on par w/ a good FM station. Haven't played w/ any of the external antennas yet, so I'll see if that helps.

I initially thought, hey I can sell it on ebay. Then I figured what the heck, I still have some free inputs on my already overloaded HT. Has potential, especially if I can use it on my desk at work. At the least, it'll be good for the long car ride from SF to Tahoe this weekend.

Hopefully I didn't use up all my luck. I want to hear what XM sounds like on an EP600...

Last edited by oldskoolboarder; 07/20/05 06:40 AM.