I had one of those and it was OK. If you can find a Merak MC6H center channel speaker, my advice is GRAB IT!! The MC6H uses the same large trapezoidal anti standing wave shaped cabinet as the one you're considering and uses the same pair of 6.5" drivers. The difference is in the tweeter. The MC6H uses a great big 7" x 3" horn tweeter.

It is sensational. Great for music and for home theater.

I also have a Klipsch KLF-C7 center, which I use in my big HT system. The Klipsch is a great big refrigerator sized and expensive speaker with a pair of 8" drivers and an enormous horn tweeter. It looks like a Merak on growth hormone without the trap shaped cabinet. The Merak doesn't give up much to the Klipsch!!!

As an experiment I picked up a Radio Shack super tweeter (up to 40KHz supposedly). I'm sure I can't hear much over 15KHz but they say the ultrasonic output adds harmonics down where you can hear. I dunno. All I know is that without the RS super tweeter the Merak sounds great and with it, it sounds even better.

Now I guess I should say a word about the system I use the with the Merak - 4 M22 type gorgeous Michaura M55 speakers, Merak center, RS Super Tweeter, Dahlquist PDQ15 15" sub, Sony STRDB 1070 receiver, Onkyo M282 2 channel amp for front left and right channels (second M282 on its way, don't know if I'll use it for side surrounds or for the Merak center and some as yet to be determined back surround), Toshiba SD9200 DVD Audio. DVD Audio puts out music info in the ultrasonic range. Sounds absolutely wonderful.

I used to have an Infinity CC3 center speaker (expensive) which the Merak just blows away.

Merak MC6H, embarrassingly excellent, downright cheap. check Ebay, can be found for ~$50.00.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.