In reply to:

Well, I have a little different "spin" on the situation. I think that all the HDMI inputs need to go to the HDTV first, not the HT receiver. Why? The easiest place to fix/ compensate/ adjust the lip sync/ video delay problems that we are starting to see with HDTVs is in the TV itself. The HDTV "knows" how long it is going to take to upconvert or whatever, and can lock the audio to the video frame to frame. Let the TV do all of its magic and then send the audio over to the receiver through either a HDMI or optical cable. Long term, probably better to do it with a HDMI cable.

I'd agree except I don't want my TV (HD) doing any of the conversions, which is why I've gone the route of doing everything in a HTPC, send the audio to the AVR and video to the TV.

So no HDMI doesn't get me much, cept I'd love to see the industry settle down with one nice connector/cable so the price will drop. There is no real reason to have DVI since HDMI is bascially the video portion of DVI with audio added (even if I'm not using it, one standard cable). Now if computer manufactures would switch to HDMI (not likely anytime soon).

Plus its a nice small cable with a nice small connector.