My Hush EPIA M9000 box arrived this week. First impressions: it's perfect for what I'm doing. No fans, the case looks nice (esp. the power button), and the heatsink design works well. I did a 'make world' (FreeBSD) to run the disks and CPU hard for a while, the heatsinks gets slightly warm but the top stays cool. Seems to be working just dandy. I have 512M RAM in it, the Teac slim CDRW/DVD combo, and the 80G Barracuda disk drive.

I managed to get XFree86 working with the S-video output. Not great, but it's fine for what I need to do (run my jukebox interface at 640x480). At the moment I'm using the analog audio output, which turns out to not be horrible. I grounded the Hush box to the receiver, and much to my surprise, there's no audible noise even when there's no input signal (mp3 player paused) and the Sunfire Ultimate is wound up to -20dB from max. Above this is too loud to be comfortable if there's input signal, so I'm happy with it for now. I'll try the OSS driver this weekend with the S/PDIF output.

I only wish I had waited a little bit before ordering. Hush is now selling Nehemiah based boxes for like $32 more U.S. Maybe the next one... :-)