Hello hoe,

You'd find that the deep bass output of the Axiom M80 would extend deeper than the PSB Silver (a very nice speaker, although pricey) and a bit deeper than the Veritas 2.3. All three would have similar degrees of midrange and upper octave clarity and detail, with the M80 having greater dynamic capability at very high levels because of its six drivers.

During my long stint as a magazine editor in Canada (Sound&Vision), when listening tests were conducted double-blind to speakers at this level of quality and neutrality, as often as not our preferences changed with the musical selection. The speakers were often so similar that we couldn't rank one as "best" so we'd eventually write down something like "similarly good." The differences in scores we recorded for each speaker were statistically insignificant (there might differences of one-tenth of a point out of 10 between the competing speakers).While I never did double-blind tests of these three specific models during the same listening session, I'm familiar enough with the balance of all three that I would predict these results. I have done tests with Veritas, PSB Stratus and Axioms against other brands, however.

Of course, the M80s have a huge price advantage over the other two contenders.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)