I'm about to pull the trigger on a new sub. I've been on the B stock list with Hsu for a VTF3 MK II and am about 90% sure that I will go that route. A friend brought up a question that I don't have a definitive answer for this weekend.

We use our HT system about 60% for music and 40% for movies. We're set up in a 25" x 12" room which opens into another 12 x 12 room. With 3 kids less than 6 years old in the house we have few opportunities to crank up our system very loud. I was discussing my potential new sub purchase with this friend and he wondered whether I would be better served with a couple of smaller subs. (He's interested in the 10" Rockets).

Any opinions given we don't have much opportunity for much volume? At low volumes will we still get the "oomph" and bang for the buck $$ from the Hsu. I'm feeling that if I don't go with the Hsu I"ll always be wondering if I should have. It would be nice to avoid upgraditis for a while. I thought that the WAF might be higher with a couple of smaller subs, but she assures me that she's ok with a big box as well. She doesn't want a cylinder sub of any kind. Any ideas or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

M22's, VP150, QS4's, HK 630, HSU VTF3-MKII