Hi folks,

Been a while since I've been on the board, hope everyone is doing well. I continue to be surprised at the reaction people have when they hear the Axioms in the basement/theatre! In fact, I am on my 3rd configuration for friends/family to help them order the right equipment (including the right Axioms). This last theatre I'm helping my brother-in-law design has been a fun project -- since we had the luxury of finishing the construction in the basement. How great is it, when you don't have to fish speaker wire?!? Fun stuff. Once completed, hopefully I can get some pics uploaded for your viewing. We went with the following Axiom setup: vp150, 350 sub, 2-Q8s, and the M22s for fronts. The boxes just arrived yesterday, and the carpet in the basement is going in today -- so, my brother-in-law is getting close to theatre nirvana.

I am a bit concerned about the yamaha receiver we purchased. I couldn't talk him into spending more on the receiver. It is one of Yamaha's lower end models, yet it haves many of the features (watts, channels etc...)the higher end models have. I hope he didn't skimp too much on the receiver, I guess I will soon find out. Anyone have experience with the Axioms with one of Yamaha's lower-end offerings? ($400-500)