You didn't mention wether a tuner is required. If you don't need a tuner, I would look at an intigrated amp. You can always purchase a tuner later if required. For 2 channel you can get a nice Rotel amp on Ebay for a few hundred bucks. My experience with Rotel is that due to their product's basic design, usually only serious music lovers tend to buy them, wich means they also tend to take care of them. And the Rotel stuff are built like tanks, very durable. I have owned both the RA810 and the RA840BX 20 and 50 watts respectivly. Don't let the low numbers here scare you. They are hight current amps and have lots of power to drive the M60s. And sound great!!! I think the most important part of an amp is the power supply, so make sure you research the powersupply of any component you buy.

You might also consider Cambridge Audio or NAD (although I don't think they are build as well) still have great sound.

I would be more careful with a used CD player because CD players have moving parts that can wear out. But any CD player from the mentioned companies should sound quite nice.

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990