I totally agree.

12 years ago I bought my first "high-end" pair of speakers. I bought a pair of Snell Accoustics Type K/II's. They were/are a wonderful pair of speakers. At the time I bought those bookshelf speakers because I could not afford floorstanding speakers. So, I bought the Snell's and a cheap yamaha subwoofer. I used that set up for over a decade.

A few months ago, I decided it was time to update my HT setup. I listened to a ton of speakers. Floorstanders, bookshelves, sub/sat combos, you name it. In the end I bought the Axiom M22ti bookshelves and paired them with a Hsu VTF-2 subwoofer. I love them! I found that most of the floorstanding speakers I listened to didn't have the detail that a nice bookshelf speaker can give you (especially the M22), and with the added Hsu, my M22/Hsu combo can go lower - and more cleanly than nearly any single pair of floorstanders.

I should point out though, that of the floorstanders that I did listen to, I was not able to hear Axioms. I would love to hear the M60's, as I've heard they are an amazing speaker.

I got my M22's and my Hsu VTF-2 for $845. A pair of M60's costs $800...and from what I've been told, you'd still want to add a sub to go with the M60's for a really full low end. For my money...I'll keep my setup.

I guess I got off track though...with that size room, the M22ti's and a good sub will work fine. I'd love to hear what you think about the M22 vs the M60...what are the sound differences? Is the M60 as detailed as the M22?

Last edited by spiffnme; 05/13/03 06:10 PM.