It all depends on the age of the youngins.

Pre 10 YO and you have the sitter costs. After that until about 15 YO, it’s the cost of a new X-box game. At 15 YO, it’s the cost of damage to the house from all their friends at the party they throw while you are out of the house. After 16 YO, it’s an additional cost related to vehicle damage and increase in insurance policies because the teenager stole the car and wrecked it after the house party while the parents are out. Plus, all the costs to replace all the booze in the booze cabinet that has “mysteriously” disappeared.

Then add on the cost of the dinner, movie, bail, attorney fees, etc.

A typical dinner for the honey and I is $100 - $200 depending on what’s on the wine list. Then the movie tickets and crap that I just can’t seam to not eat while at a theater…..another $35 - $45. movie tickets are now at $8.50.

Oh, then there’s the drinks at the bar after the movie. Last time we went out, martini’s and crown and cokes were running $7.50 a pop. So figure another $60.00 at the bar.

Crap, the cab ride home from the bar……$20.00

Low end cost for night out……$250
High end cost for a night out….$35,000

My number two is now 11 and pretty painless. Number one is 18, not living at home and only costs me around a grand per month. The grand baby is costing me about the same. Oh, the joy of parenthood!!! Good luck to all who take this journey. Love them, protect them, cherish the babies while they young, and prepare for the teen years. You’ve got a hell of a ride coming.