Alright, I've been in the throes of moving into my new house, and one day after unloading the truck I had to get on a plane and spend a week in California. So now that I'm back and the computer is finally hooked up, I've got 1,000 posts to wade through. Ain't gonna happen. So let me see if I picked up on the important points:

• The picnic was a blast, but relatively few folks from the board actually attended.
  • There's a pair of über-towers that will join the Axiom product line in the not too distant future.
  • simboticus and I have the same DVD player, and apparently the crossover points for SACD/DVD-A material are absurdly high.
  • ICBMs are neat, and I think I need one right away.
  • Ken wishes people could spell.
  • DoubtingThomas has a sweeeeeeeeeeet setup.
  • Anyone who has the inside scoop on Axiom amps is staying mum.

For my own part, the new house is coming along nicely and I spent a few hours today running speaker cable in the attic and hanging my QS4s. Calibration was complete around 5pm, and I popped in "Master and Commander" to hear what my Axioms can sound like in a larger room with hardwood floors and no apartment neighbors to worry about bothering...

Holy smokes.

Man, I am not kidding when I say it sounds like I have a brand new system. I'm not listening at crazy volumes (mid 80s-90db), but everything is hyper-articulated and the bass from the EP175 and VTF-2 is just super detailed and shaking the walls. So this is what I've been missing by living in an apartment? Wow, wow, wow. I can't imagine what an upgrade to a pair of 60s or 80s would sound like. My M22s sound superb. The cats were a little freaked out by the flying cannonballs, but otherwise everything's great.

M22ti mains, EP175 sub, VP150 center, QS4 surrounds