I visit the board frequently and contemplated getting Axiom’s but ended up with Kef’s as I couldn’t audition Axioms in my NH area, well I honestly love my Kef’s but am looking to upgrade my HT set –up and have some questions on the M 80’s as they will be driving my decision to get the entire Axiom HT set-up :

1) My living room dimensions in feet are L X W X H = 15 X 13 X 8.5, is this too small of a room for the M 80’s. I listen to a lot of music and don’t want to end up with speakers that pound in my living room due to its small size.

2) What distance should be maintained from the back and side walls for these towers?

3) Do these towers really need a sub-woofer for music? I have the HSU VT3 MK 2 sub but am looking for speakers that hold their own for music and really need a sub-woofer for HT.

4) What do M8O’s really compare to? I have heard that sound similar to B&W 803’s. I’ll try to audition the B&W’s though they are way out of my price range.

5) Is HK AVR 235 sufficient to drive these speakers? I’ve read that HK is one of the brands that can drive the 4 ohm load but want to make sure I’m on the right path.

6) I will be adding a separate amplifier to drive the speakers shortly. I have Rotel RMB 1080 on my list so far which other amplifiers should I be looking at.

I’m really looking forward to finally ordering Axioms and listening to them in person and also comparing them with my Kef’s. If I’m sold on the M 80’s I’ll order the VP-150 and the QS8’s to complete my set up.

If anyone has the M80’s in MA or NH please let me know I would appreciate if I could see/listen to them in person.