I have a problem with my computer but for the life of me I can't trace it. Anyway, here are the specs on my 3 year computer:

MB - ASUS A7V333
CPU - Athlon XP2200+ (1800Mhz)
Memory - 1024mb (2X512)
SB Audigy
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 (256)

So anyway, yesterday I lose video but I know just from the sounds that my computer is making it's working fine. So I pull out the video card, clean it off and put it back in........nothing. So I go and grab the monitor from my kids computer..........nothing. So I get pissed off unplug the computer three or four times.............nothing.

Ok so no biggie. I go get a new video card and put it in. Computer boots up but it's in the BIOS screen saying my CPU setting is wrong and is causing a problem. I double check what the 2200+ runs at and it's set right, 1800Mhz. So I hit enter and reboot.....PERFECT!. So later on in the day I had to unplug my computer to switch surge protectors. Turn the computer back on.........nothing. What the ?????? I went and got my kids monitor again and......nothing. I get mad again and unplug the computer, plug it back in and turn it on..........nothing. Then after leaving it for a few minutes it comes on in the same BIOS screen saying CPU speed is wrong. So I went from 1800Mhz down to 1350Mhz and as I sit here it works fine but I have yet to re-boot out of fear.

Anybody have an idea on why a 1800Mhz cpu doesn't want to run at it's designed clock speed or bus speed of 133? I even had to drop that from 133 down to 100 to make the system stable.