Thanks guys, I appreciate the nice comments. When I started refinishing the basement about a year or so ago, I had basically just basic carpentry skills. I knew I could not afford paying someone to do the work, I would have had to take out a loan ... Anyway, I asked a lot of questions on forums like Axiom and AVS, and received a lot of great advice.

I had never run electrical, but ended up wiring the whole basement, ended up being pretty easy once you get started. I had never hung drywall or done any framing, so I pretty much learned on my own. Sure I made a few mistakes from time to time, but it was a learning experience.

The only thing I farmed out was the taping/mudding, I had heard many horror stories from people that tried it on their own. Besides my wife said no way

I've been working on a few doors today, applying the finish coat of polyurethane, that is new to me also. Can't wait to try to hang them, should not be to bad as they are pre-hung doors from Menards.

I also started on building a new DIY projector/lens mount to accomodate my latest toy, the Prismasonic Anamorphic lens.

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85