In reply to:

I'm currently using Mirage 890i's as my main speakers owned them for 9+ years

I own a pair of Mirage 895is. If you are using the speakers for stereo listening, my advice would be to keep them and as long as you have a decent sub it is still a very decent speaker.

I have found, however, that I do not like the bipolar sound for hometheater. They create a diffuse sound that, while excellent for stereo, detracts from the home theater experience because the sound is not as specific as I would like and as what is provided by a direct radiating speaker.

This is just my opinion.

Mirage also sells their omnipolar line in a home theater offering. Some may like this but after having the M3si for fronts and 895is for rears, it was too diffuse for me.

I used to have a Mirage MC-si center channel and found that it was constructed of a type of particle/chip board and not MDF. I questioned Mirage about this and never received a conclusive answer. It was just sort of swept under the rug. That being said I still have my Mirage BPSS-210 subwoofer which is one of the best subs ever built in its time (and while discontinued to this day I don't think they have built a subwoofer of its quality).

I have since sold my M3si and purchased Monitor Audio GR60 speakers.