Thanks for the replies guys! You have given me exactly the reassurance that I was looking for.

I had researched and read Alan's article here, along with recommendations from DTS, Dolby Labs, and a host of other sites. Alan's article and illustration was the only one that I had read with actual recommended angles for speakers.

Given the 21' width of my room and the 27' depth, I was unsure how far apart to place my rear and surround speakers. As for my fronts, they will be at or a little under 15' apart, and slightly angled toward the listening area. The seperation is needed due to the size of my television set combined with the two oak entertainment towers standing to either side of it (photos of my home theater area at the old house are on my web site www.spencesplace.com).

I was intending to hang the front speakers to keep them above the reach of the hands of my two year old and her playmates but have decided for asthetic and accoustical reasons, hanging them may not be the best solution so I've opted for the stands.

Can't wait to get this project finished and hear first hand how well the Axiom system will sound! I'm replacing my large "boomers" (Cerwin Vega as sceen on my web site) for something a bit more precise.

Thanks again for your input. I'll be placing the boxes for the speaker wires this week and then start working on putting up the walls!

Thanks so much,

Spence

"Someone tries to kill you - you kill 'em right back!" Capt. Mal Reynolds